To work as a Security Guard in Ontario you will need a licence. A Security Guard Licence allows you to work in a job where you mainly protect persons or property. This includes working as a: Security Guard, Bodyguard, Bouncer, or Loss Prevention employee.
To be eligible for a licence, you must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- be eligible to work in Canada
- have a clean criminal record
- have taken the security guard basic training course
- have passed the security guard basic test
Be fully prepared before you go to write your test!